To help the founder and CEO of a start-up equipment supply company create an initial marketing and business plan to support financing and to provide an implementation roadmap.
- Prepared a Business Plan
- Developed a Marketing Plan
- Used limited customer feedback to define offering and messaging
- Helped established go-to-market strategy including identification of:
- Lead customers and key decision makers
- Outreach and communications strategy
- Tactical sales plan that uses internal and external resources
- Estimated pro-forma sales targets based on industry size, competitive options and demand
- Created Operating Plan
- HR plan with projected staffing requirements
- OEM Plan where company heavily uses contractors
- Internal manufacturing and logistics plan
- Leveraged information from the marketing and operating plans to develop pro-forma financial statements and plan for financing
- Supported Fund Raising by introducing the company to private investors, two of which provided seed funding.
A basic business plan and access to seed funding
Result: Client has implemented the plan and is one of two top providers in their niche market.